Monday, November 22, 2004

BYU: halftime impressions

At risk of a monster jinx, the truth of the matter is that we are making BYU look like a YMCA team.

This is the first time I've seen any of the new guys play. So far I'd say Marvin Williams looks a little weaker than I expected, but I like what I've seen of Quentin Thomas more than I anticipated. Q looks like a true point guard with a little flash. I suspect with Marvin it's more an issue of shaking off the nerves than anything.

The defense is as intense as I've seen it in years, and the word that comes to mind from the first half is pure hustle.

No way we can lose this particular game, but the only question about this team is whether they are mentally tough enough to "bring it" every night. If so, we are going to be very tough to beat. I just don't yet have much confidence that we're there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home