Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Tennessee -- halftime

Didn't get a chance to post at all today. Friggin' job and all that. Then I wanted to post when I got home, but had all kinds of issues with my wireless hookup. Anyway, without further ado --

The defense is again intense, although my impression of Tennessee (which is truly an impression; I'm not very familiar with non-ACC teams at this point in the season) is that like BYU they're pretty inexperienced. It will be interesting to see how a team with some bona fides handles the pressure defense. The team is just lightning quick in converting those opportunities, and remind me of some of Roy's high-scoring Kansas teams.

No way Tennessee comes back in this one. What I can't figure out is how this team possibly struggled with Santa Clara. I mean, that game was not even particularly close from what I could tell listening to the radio. I would think that with or without Felton this team ought to be able to handle a Santa Clara on defense alone. Maybe it was just first-game jitters, but until this happens a few more time I'm still going to worry that this team will have an evil twin that shows up once every few games or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home