Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Go Flames!

The official sign that I think that UIC actually has a chance to pull the upset over Duke (they're down 1 point with 6 minutes left in the first half) is that I have checked their Sagarin rating to make sure my hope is not in vain. UIC rates 58th thus far this season. Duke is 5th (Carolina 6th).

They're 3-3, with losses to Georgia Tech (by 1!), Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and Bowling Green.

I'd say don't get your hopes up unless it's still close with 10 minutes to play. My read on UIC is that they're one of those teams that's good enough to beat you on a bad night but not good enough to win without getting some nice breaks. And given that Shavlik Randolph just assaulted some guy on their team, resulting not in a foul call, but a turnover to Duke leading to 3 points, don't count on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home